Taylor Swift And Ed Sheeran Are 'Very Much Alike'

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran hit the studio earlier this year to cook up some tracks for her highly anticipated follow-up to Speak Now. And rather than draw from his stash of previously written material, the Sheeran created material from scratch during their time together.

"Well, I don't really write so much with other artists," the Plus singer said. "Like the Taylor session, when we got together and wrote was the second time I've ever gotten with another singer/songwriter and written a song with them. So it wasn't actually too hard of an adjustment. We're very much alike musically and it worked out well, I think."

"Taylor Swift is just really nice. She's a really cool person. I don't really know what else to say," Sheeran continued. "She's just a good friend. It's a pleasure hanging out with her."

And hang out they did, but whatever it is they ended up working on together will remain a mystery until Swift decides to drop her next release. But if her cover of Sheeran's "Lego House" is any indication, Swift and Sheeran complement each other very nicely.

While Swift may have gotten some special treatment from the British singer, he explained that he doesn't foresee taking any more special requests from artists in the near future. "I mean, I've written a lot of songs and a lot of them are getting placed at the moment with different acts. I'll do that all day long. But as far as writing fresh songs, right now the Taylor thing was an exception because I think she's great," he said. "But right now I can only concentrate on writing stuff for me."

In addition to working with Swift, Sheeran al! so has p lans to hit the studio with One Direction for their sophomore album, using tracks he wrote when he was 17. He dropped his own album, Plus, back in June, when it debuted in the top five on the Billboard 200 albums chart.