Taylor Swift makes it her responsibility to be a good role model

April Chieffo

Taylor Swift at the 45th Annual CMA Awards. (Nashville, TN)

Taylor Swift has remained scandal-free during her short rise to country superstardom. The Mine singer says that is because she wants to remain a positive role model to her fans.

According to CBS News, in a new interview with 60 Minutes, Swift said she has made it her responsibility to be conscious of how she dresses and how she acts to make sure remains a positive public figure.

"I definitely think about a million people when I am getting dressed in the morning," she told Lesley Stahl in the interview that airs on Nov. 20. "That's just part of my life now. I think it's my responsibility to know it and to be conscious of it."

As a 21-year-old, Swift says her adult privileges arent an excuse to let her positive image go. She explained by saying that, in a way, she is a parent who is raising people musically.

"It would be really easy to say...I'm 21 now. I do what I want. You raise your kids. But...that's not the truth of it, she said. The truth of it is that every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation. So make your words count.