Taylor Swift strays from drinking and drugs

April Chieffo

Taylor Swift arrives on the red carpet at the 45th Annual Country Music Association Awards at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee on November 9, 2011. UPI/Terry Wyatt

Taylor Swift isn't trying to prove she's more mature by dressing provocatively, drinking heavily or engaging in hard partying and drugs. Instead, the "Sparks Fly" singer is staying true to herself with a mature attitude. She reveals she doesn't really even have a wild side.

In a new interview with 60 Minutes which airs Nov. 20, Swift says she has had alcohol before but she's "not a drinker."

"I'm not like, 'Man, it's my favorite thing to do,' and I don't drink to get drunk because that's just not cute," she said.

The 21-year-old has a similar attitude when it comes to experimenting with any type of drug or cigarettes.

"I just don't feel like it," Swift says. "And I don't want to smoke anything because I sing."

Swift, rather than living wildly while she's young, realizes being a role model is a much bigger factor to consider and she makes it a "responsibility" to set a good example.

"It would be really easy to say 'I'm 21 now, I do what I want. You raise your kids.'" Swift adds. "But it's not the truth of it. The truth of it is that every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation."