Taylor Swift tells 60 Minutes: I take being a role model seriously

Taylor Swift wins Entertainer of the Year at the CMA Awards this month. Photo credit: Rick Diamond/Getty Images

CBS venerable 60 Minutes is trying to reach younger viewers with a profile of Taylor Swift this weekend.

Lesley Stahl talked to the 21-year-old singer, who was named Entertainer of the Year at the CMA Awards.

It would be really easy to say Im 21 now. I do what I want. You raise your kids. But thats not the truth of it, Swift tells Stahl. The truth of it is that every singer out there with songs on the radio is raising the next generation. So make your words count.

Her status as a role model guides her thinking. I definitely think about a million people when I am getting dressed in the morning, Swift says. Thats just part of my life now. I think its my responsibility to know it and to be conscious of it.

The CBS newsmagazine airs at 7 p.m. Sunday on WKMG-Channel 6.

Swift talks about Mean, her popular song against bullying. She also opens up about receiving criticism even though she is a major music star.

Criticism still hurts. I dont have thick skin. I hate reading criticisms, Swift says. You never really, like, get past things hurting you.