OFFSTAGE: Taylor Swift: The Kitchen Sessions

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

(CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.)

It's been a while since Taylor Swift has posted any little bits of herself singing. Instagram pictures, yes. But singing, no. So at long last, you can hear her on 15 seconds of "Lego House," a big Brit hit for English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. "I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind, I'll do it all for you in time/And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now," Swift sings with Sheeran sitting on the floor of the kitchen while he strums a guitar. She also posted very early Tuesday morning (June 12) that Sheeran's album was her favorite album right now. And then he posted that he was up early doing a sound check for Today. (His debut album is being released in the U.S. and Canada today.) It's so good to see and hear what Swift has been up to because all she'd tweeted about her next album was this on June 5: "It's been a wonderful week in the studio. I'm so excited about so much." And while this "Lego House" song isn't the slightest bit country, it does highlight what a gifted songwriter Sheeran is. So if he and Swift are writing songs together, it's bound to lead to big things.