Taylor Swift is changing the history of music, says Tim McGraw

Tim McGraw has revealed his admiration for Taylor Swift.

Swift, who recorded a song called 'Tim McGraw' in 2006, previously toured with McGraw and his wife Faith Hill.

Tim McGraw photographed in January 2013

PA Images / Donn Jones / AP

McGraw said in an interview with The AP: "She's great. You know, I've been a fan of Taylor so long.

"She actually toured with Faith and I for our 'Soul to Soul' tour a few years ago."

He added: "You know she's one of those rare artists that come along that there's only been a handful of throughout the history of music, who creates such a weight behind her, pulls so many people into what her music is about that they discover so many different artists because of what she does.

"She's just a really special, special artist."

Country music couple Faith Hill and Tim McGraw

PA Images / Mark Humphrey/AP

Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill

Taylor Swift arriving for the 2013 Brit Awards at the O2 Arena, London

PA Images / Ian West/PA Wire

McGraw also recently discussed his decision to quit drinking.

He said: "I think it's a personal choice - when it gets to the point where you think it's affecting you adversely and it's affecting your relationships, it's time to make a change. I thought it was [time]."

He further commented: "I also th! ought my girls are getting older and I certainly wanted to have some good, solid ground to stand on when I started talking to them about their situations."

Watch Tim McGraw talk about Taylor Swift below: