Taylor Swift takes over uptown, wows fans in concert

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Thousands of screaming, cowboy boot-clad Taylor Swift fans took over Uptown Charlotte Friday night to see the mega pop star in concert.

Swift's fans call themselves "Swifties" and everyone we talked to was excited to hear their favorite songs off her new album, "Red."

And age hardly seemed to matter. Take it from Amy, O'Donnell, a Charlotte mom hear with her tweenaged daughter.

"I think her music speaks to little girls and grownups," she said. "I love her. I'm excited just as much as my daughter and all the girls that are with us."

Tameka Barclay, another mom from Charlotteagrees. She and her daughter, Natalia,were lucky enough to score last minute tickets.

"We found out she was in town last night, actually last night," she recalled. "We just bought them and luckily they had two.

With Taylor rockin' the house, it's any wonder if her youngestfans will be able tofall asleep when they gethome.

"They're either gonna pass out from exhaustion or their going to be up all night," said O'Donnell."I'm hoping they go to sleep because I want to go to sleep, too."

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.