Taylor Swift, Aretha and Timberlake in news notes

Taylor Swift is a favorite for UniversalsLes Miserables. The singer is up for the role of Eponine, the same role Glees Lea Michelle was up for but did not quench the thirst of the producers. Broadway World confirmed that Taylor Swift has been officially offered the role.

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin announced her engagement to her long-time friend William Willie Wilkerson. The diva is planning to marry this summer on a beach in Miami. The 69-year-old multiple Grammy award winner says jokingly, Were looking at June or July for our date and no, Im not pregnant. A spokeswoman confirmed that the couple hope to hold a private party on board a yacht after the nuptials.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, singer Elton John says his number one male lead in an upcoming biopic would be Justin Timberlake, He played me before in a David LaChapelle video and it was superb. The movie will not be entirely based on factual events, Its going to be a surreal look at my life, and not just a factual look at my life, more in the manner of a Moulin Rouge. I just dont want it to be a normal biopic because my life hasnt been like that, he adds It only goes up to when I go into rehab in 1990. It starts with me going into rehab and ends when I come out.