Taylor Swift opens up about her dating deal breakers

Taylor Swift has been through some heart break but the experience has helped the singer to not only write some fantastic songs, but to figure out what her dating deal breakers are in the process.

"If someone doesn't seem to want to get to know me as a person but instead seems to have kind of bought into the whole idea of me and he approves of my Wikipedia page? And falls in love based on zero hours spent with me? That's maybe something to be aware of," Swift told Vogue magazine in her February 2012 cover story. "That will fade fast. You can't be in love with a Google search."

The 22-year-old country singer has been romantically linked to the likes of Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer and Jake Gyllenhaal, but told the fashion magazine that there are issues with dating other celebs.

"I can't deal with someone who's obsessed with privacy," Swift continued. "People kind of care if there are two famous people dating. But no one cares that much. If you care about privacy to the point where we need to dig a tunnel under this restaurant so that we can leave? I can't do that."

These days, Swift is happy to be single and to have not spent this Christmas crying, as she was the year before, after her split from Gyllenhaal.

"I got nothing going on! I just don't really feel like dating. I really have this great life right now, and I'm not sad and I'm not crying this Christmas, so I am really stoked about that," Swift told Vogue. "I think I am smart unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid."

Swift has also come across men who took issue with her security detail, which given her popularity and rabid fan base, is necessary for her personal safety.

"If a dude is threatened by the fact that I need security, if they make me feel like I am some sort of princessy diva -- that's a bad sign. I don't have security to make myself look cool, or like I have an entourage. I have security because there's a file of stalkers who want to take me home and chain me to a pipe in their basement."

Swift told Vogue that she went through a lengthy awkward phase which included braces, weight gain before a growth spurt, frizzy hair and feeling like an outsider. This phase has apparently stuck with the singer, who says she's never felt like the "cool kid."

"I think who you are in school really sticks with you. I don't ever feel like the cool kid at the party, ever. It's like, Smile and be nice to everybody, because you were not invited to be here," she said. "All of my favorite people -- people I really trust -- none of them were cool in their younger years, because if you know how to be cool in middle school, maybe you have skills you shouldn't. Maybe you know how to be conniving, like, naturally. "

Swift is currently working on her next album, which she confided will be about a certain "earth-shattering... crash-and-burn heartbreak" that she endured. Her album "Speak Now" also included songs about her previous relationships with the likes of Mayer, Jonas and Lautner.

Swift was named Billboard's "Woman of the Year" in October. She has outsold any other artist in the past 12 months to earn the title. At 21, Swift is the youngest artist to receive the honor. Her third studio album "Speak Now," which was released in October 2010, has sold over five million copies worldwide, including one million in its debut week.

On November 30, it was announced that Swift is up for three Grammy Awards at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony, which is set to air on February 12 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS. The singer took home four Grammy Awards in 2010.

(Copyright 2012 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)