Taylor Swift's dad warns Harry Styles not to break her heart

Published: 7:50AM Monday January 07, 2013 Source: BANG Showbiz

Taylor Swift's father has warned her boyfriend Harry Styles not to break his daughter's heart.

Scott Kingsley Swift wants the couple to "slow down" because he is concerned about the country singer, 23, who has had failed relationships with a string of big stars including Jake Gyllenhaal, Joe Jonas and John Mayer in the past, being left "devastated" if the pair split.

"He likes Harry but he wants them to slow down and take things easy," a source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper.

"It's clear to everyo! ne they are smitten with one another and already talking about marriage.

"He doesn't want them to split up as fast as they've got together and for Taylor to end up devastated."

But Taylor, who is very close to her parents and wrote the song The Last Day, from her second album Fearless, about them, and Harry have shown no signs of cooling down after the One Direction singer hired a yacht to take them to two private islands during their romantic break in the Caribbean.

"Harry and Taylor kept getting hassled for pictures by fans on the island so he hired a yacht for two days and one night to take them to two private islands," a source told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper.

"He organised snorkelling and a chef to cook gourmet meals when they wanted."

Determined to stay grounded

It comes as the country starlet said she refuses to be corrupted by the glitzy celebrity lifestyle.

"I'm not a party girl. I love performing on stage, that's where I can really come alive and get a bit wild, but in private I want to live more quietly," she said.

"I want to live a good life, make good choices, and be good to the people I love and stay close to my friends."

Taylor said she doesn't want to have her mistakes played out on camera and she is too conscious of her pristine and clean-cut image to let herself go in public.

"Sometimes people tell me that I'm young and I should be going out more, having fun, making mistakes and being more selfish," she said.

"The trouble is, if I mess up there'll be six months of headlines afterwards."

The I Knew You Were Trouble hitmaker says spending time with her close-knit group of friends helps keep her grounded, as does busying herself with writing new music.

"I sp! ent every day of the summer working in the studio and then spent evenings with my friends, so that was my way of getting back to a normal life," she said. "That keeps things in focus for me."

Copyright 2013, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand