Taylor Swift Insists She's 'No Party Girl' Because She's 'Constantly Aware Of The Headlines'

Splash NewsSplash News

Taylor Swift may look like she's a party animal, the way she constantly sings her heart out on stage, but the singer has now revealed that the stage is the ONLY place where she feels like she can get a little bit wild.

The country singer, who's currently dating 1D stud Harry Styles, says that she refuses to be corrupted by the glitzy celeb lifestyle.

According to the Press Association, Taylor said: ''I'm not a party girl. I love performing on stage, that's where I can really come alive and get a bit wild, but in private I want to live more quietly. I want to live a good life, make good choices, and be good to the people I love and stay close to my friends.''

The 'Love Story' superstar also went on to say that she's forever wary of the headlines and the fact that she can constantly be papped doing something wrong.

Taylor explained: ''Sometimes people tell me that I'm young and I should be going out more, having fun, making mistakes and being more selfish. The trouble is, if I mess up there'll be six months of headlines afterwards.''

The 'I Knew You Were Trouble' hitmaker says spending time with her close-knit group of friends helps keep her grounded, as does busying herself with writing new music.

She said: ''I spent every day of the summer working in the studio and then spent evenings with my friends, so that was my way of getting back to a normal life. That keeps things in focus for me.''

Meanwhile, as the Haylor romance continues to blossom, Taylor's dad has apparently warned the 1D heart-throb to not break his daughter's heart.

He likes Harry but he wants them to slow down and take things easy. Its clear to everyone they are smitten with one another and already talking about marriage," a family insider tells The Sun.

He doesnt want them to split up as fast as theyve got together and for Taylor to end up devastated.

Do you think Harry and Taylor should take things a little slower?

Skyfall And The Dark Knight Rises Among The Most GaffeRidden Movies Of 2012Cara Delevingne Dumped One Direction's Harry Styles Because He Was 'Too Down Market' For Her?Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Split Up A Week Ago? Sources Say 'Main Issue Is Timing'