Taylor Swift: 'I've written 25 songs for new album'

Taylor Swift arrives at the Billboard Awards 2011

Taylor Swift has revealed that the process of writing songs for her fourth studio album is well under way.

The 'Mine' singer explained that she has so far written 25 songs for the follow-up to 2010's Speak Now, and that she still has another year to go before completion.

"I've written 25 songs so far, so it's coming along really well," she told The Hollywood Reporter.

"I've been writing a lot, and I like to take two years to make a record. [It is] looking really great. We're at the end of year one and I still have a year left to go write."

Swift is currently taking part in her 'Speak Now' world tour, where she has performed with the likes of Nicki Minaj and Paramore's Hayley Williams.

Swift was recently named Billboard's 'Woman of the Year' for 2011.