Taylor Swift Talks Boys and Brings Tears to a Fans Eyes

American country musician Taylor Swift performing live.

Even big celebrities will engage in a little girl talk from time to time. But when Taylor Swift stopped by "Ellen" this week, she was laughingly reluctant to dish about her dating life.

Ellen DeGeneres Asks Taylor Swift about Her Love Life

While chatting with Swift about her new perfume called Wonderstruck, DeGeneres asked, "Does your boyfriend like the way it smells?"

Swift, who has been linked to Taylor Lautner and Jake Gyllenhaal in the past, replied, "I don't have one I for real don't have a boyfriend. I sit by myself and I watch 'Law and Order' I don't have like even kind of a boyfriend. I don't have someone that I'm texting that's a guy that might some day be my boyfriend. There's like nothing going on right now." To which DeGeneres teased her, "That's pathetic."

Taylor Swift Is Too Busy for Boys

But of course Swift has a lot going on right now. There's her recent Billboard Woman of the Year Award and ongoing U.S. Tour.

And, of course, she has that fragrance. Swift explained how she came up with the name for her scent, saying, "It's called Wonderstruck because of a lyric in one of my songs. The song's called 'Enchanted' and it has this line in it that says, 'I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home.' And I have these moments usually between shows where I'm like, "If I ever had a perfume, what would I call it?'"

Swift described the fragrance to DeGeneres. "There's all kinds of stuff in there. It's got vanilla and amber and freesia also notes of peach also raspberry."

So clearly Swift wouldn't have time for a guy, even if there was one hovering around. And she sounded just fine about that. She remarked, "You have to be okay with it. Because if you're the girl that needs a boyfriend and then once she loses that boyfriend needs to re! place it with a different boyfriend, it's just this constant stream of boyfriends all the time. And I don't feel like I ever want to be that girl. I want to be the girl who, when she falls in love, it's a big deal and it's a rare thing."

Taylor Swift Is a Positive Role Model

Ellen declared Swift a good role model for her positive outlook on love. She told Swift, "I think there are a lot of women and young girls that look at you and listen to you and I think that's good information. Listen to her."

There was one girl who clearly will listen whatever Swift has to say. DeGeneres pulled a teary-eyed super-fan named Mary Kate out of the audience to meet her idol. Plus Mary Kate got some extra bonus prizes - two tickets to see if Taylor takes home a prize from the Country Music Awards and a life sized bottle of Wonderstruck that she can wear as a Halloween costume.