Taylor Swift to pay tribute to fallen Marine in next music video?

Taylor Swift has reached out to the family of a fallen Marine, Sgt. Wade D. Wilson of Texas, who was killed in Afghanistan on May 11, and reportedly asked them if she could wear his dog tags in her next music video.

The 22-year-old soldier's friend, Cpl. Josh Marreel, had reached out to the country and pop! singer, who is also 22, through a YouTube video.

"I know you have no idea who I am but this video isn't about me," he tells her in the clip, which was posted on May 15. "This video's about a good buddy, Sgt. Wade D. Wilson, who was killed in action last Friday in Afghanistan. Anybody that knew Willy personally knew that he worshiped you. He even slept with a poster of you in between our beds in Afghanistan on his first deployment there."

"This guy was my best friend," Marreel added. "So I know a lot of people who get on here and ask celebrities to go to dances and (expletive) with them. All I'm asking is for you to think about him."

Wilson, who was from Normangee, Texas, was laid to rest on May 19. Mareell invited Swift to Wilson's funeral. She was unable to attend but sent flowers to his family and talked to them over the phone, a source told OnTheRedCarpet.com. According to KBTX Television in Texas, the singer told the family that she wants to wear Wilson's dog tags in her next video to show her support for his military service.

A photo of a handwritten note that was attached to the flowers Swift had sent the soldier's family was posted on KBTX's website.

"Wade, thanks for loving my music," it read. "I won't forget it and I will never forget you. All my love, Taylor Swift." Swift has not announced the names or release dates of her next single and new album, which she has been working on for the past two years. Her most recent and third studio album, "Speak Now," has sold at least 4 million copies in the United States.

"It's getting to the last phases of now picking the songs," she told OnTheRedCarpet.com at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, regarding her new rec! ord.

"I hope that every time I put out something new it becomes a different version of myself, because musically, you have to evolve," she added. "You have to try new things. I would get so stuck if I just kept doing the same things over and over again. I've really loved working with new collaborators and things like that."

Swift is featured on rapper B.o.B.'s new single, "Both of Us." The song is featured on his second studio album, "Strange Clouds," which was released on May 1.

Swift told OnTheRedCarpet.com she is "obsessed" with B.o.B's new record, adding: "Getting to collaborate on a hip hop track was really, really fun for me."

Swift was honored with the award for "Woman of the Year" at the Billboard Music Awards. Check out a full list of winners here.

(Copyright 2012 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)