Taylor Swift: 'I want to do things differently in 2012'

Taylor Swift

Mark Humphrey/AP/Press Association Images

Taylor Swift has revealed that she hopes to take a "different" approach to her career in 2012.

The 'Safe and Sound' singer said that she plans to change things up for her new album, making sure that she challenges herself as an artist while still satisfying her loyal listeners.

"I think my goal for the next couple of years would be to make departures in little ways and do things a little differently," Swift told The AP.

"[I'll] try to maintain a balance between always providing your fans with what they've always liked from you and continuing to write all my own songs, but I'd love to make collaborations in different directions that aren't exactly expected."

Swift spent Christmas with her family in Nashville, an occasion which she said that she looks forward to every year.

> Taylor Swift: 'I would love Nicki Minaj duet'

Listen to Taylor Swift's track 'Safe and Sound' for the Hunger Games soundtrack below: