Taylor Swift: 'I'll spend Christmas time with my family'

Taylor Swift

Mark Humphrey/AP/Press Association Images

Taylor Swift has revealed that she will spend Christmas with her family in her native Nashville.

The 'Mean' singer confessed that her busy schedule is not always conducive to finding quality time with her loved ones, and expressed her excitement to see them over the holidays.

"I plan on spending as much time with my family as possible. It's amazing to have us all together. Also, a lot of my friends are always on tour," Swift said in an interview with Twist Magazine.

"To have everyone back in Nashville for the holidays is one of my favourite things about this time of year. My family and I always decorate a big Christmas tree together and look at the ornaments [my brother] Austin and I made when we were kids. It's so nostalgic, looking back at all the Christmases past and comparing them to how different our lives are now."

Swift also extended a holiday wish to her many fans, adding: "I hope that they're happy, wherever they are... I hope that this holiday season, they feel loved by the people around them. And most of all I hope they feel appreciated by me. My life would look nothing like this without them."

The 20-year-old's Covergirl mascara ad was recently banned in the US for excessive use of Photoshop.

Earlier this year, Swift was named 'Artist of the Year' at the 2011 American Music Awards.

Watch the video for Taylor ! Swift's 'Mean' below: