Taylor Swift music could turn into something more shallow

Before I start this, let it be known that I cannot stand Taylor Swift.I don't like her song ideas because they always come back to the same predictable premise.

I hate that she is a hybrid and finds a way to 'adhere' to pop music and country music.

I can't stand that she is the face of country music and basically continues a trend that deserts the true roots of country music.

There are a few dozen more reasons that she makes me purse my lips on a daily basis, but I'll save her fans some tears and hateful ideas toward me.

Regardless of this introduction - one that would make my high school English teacher happy - there is something about her that upgrades my hate to ambivalence.

Every time that her songs come on the radio or I see her performing in some form or another, I find myself singing her songs.

I start nodding my head and pretending that I am in some form of a duet with this girl.

This was never more evident than when I was driving around looking for a radio station to listen too, the other day.

I came across the guitar introduction of her song about how she is some form of Juliet.

My finger wanted to change the station and look for Dave Matthews, Casting Crowns, Lil' Wayne or even LMFAO.

My head was telling me to do something that made sense.

Something else was telling me to leave it and recreate a scene from A Night at the Roxbury by myself.

I am obviously very careful with this confusing relationship that I have with Swift's music. The scrutiny that could come along with the appreciative aspect is a bit unnerving.

Her songs are just so catchy that one can't help but want her to find Romeo or realize he was supposed to be with her this whole time.

I suppose this, amongst other reasons, is why Taylor Swift and so many other popular artists of the past five or so years have such a strong following.

I must admit that I don't really get any kind of deep message from Lady Gaga, beyond when and where she ! uses her poker face.

It also isn't exactly a push forward for music when one of the popular songs of the week says that it is alright to cheat.

Just make sure you become famous and make up for it later.

It also does not say much for us, as society of young people, that we treat the Video Music Awards like it is some kind of awards ceremony that has any sort of merit to it.

We found ourselves blogging about how Kanye West was had no right to steal the limelight from Taylor Swift, especially when that is all he has done since he has stepped foot on a Roc-A-Fella beat.

This is not about that though, this about how singing a Taylor Swift song is really just the beginning of something bigger and/or more shallow.

So, watch what you put into your ears, because it could be the last time you see the president as someone with an agenda for our nation and the first time you see him as an expert on pop culture, just like the rest of us.