Swift 'fast friends' with Sheeran

Natalie JamiesonBy Natalie JamiesonNewsbeat entertainment reporter Taylor Swift Taylor Swift performing at Radio 1's Teen Awards 2012

Taylor Swift says she became "friends and pals right away" with Ed Sheeran.

The pair wrote a duet in her backyard called Everything Has Changed which appears on her new album.

"We were just talking about the feeling of when you first meet someone and all of a sudden the way that the world looks to you changes," she says.

"Like everything looks different to you because of this one person, because one new person came into your life. It's really cool."

'Honest' writing

Taylor Swift says she didn't call Ed Sheeran personally to ask about working together, but her timing worked out well.

Continue reading the main story

Both of us are really open, so if he doesn't like a phrasing he'll tell me and if I don't like a chord, I'll tell him. It's really cool to have an honest channel

Taylor Swift

"I had management reach out and at the same time he was having his management reach out to me because we both wanted to work together at the same time."

As for the writing process, Swift says it came easily as they are both "very similar writers".

The 22-year-old singer says that meant neither got offended over differences of opinion.

"Both of us are really open," says Swift, "so if! he (Sheeran) doesn't like a phrasing he'll tell me and if I don't like a chord, I'll tell him."

"It's really cool to have an honest channel where he'll be like, 'no' and I'll be like, 'yep' and he'll be like, 'no', and I'll go 'OK I'll change it'."

'Amazing writer'

Swift has one word to sum up her writing experience with Sheeran which she uses repeatedly to make her point.

"He is such an amazing writer and an amazing singer," smiles Swift.

"I don't know, it's just amazing to have his voice on my record."

Ed Sheeran Ed Sheeran performing at Radio 1's Hackney Weekend