Taylor Swift announces dates for upcoming Red tour

Taylor Swift announced the dates for her upcoming 2013 North American tour for her album Red on Friday.

Swift announced the tour via her official website. The tour will start in Omaha, Nebraska on March 13, 2013, and end in Nashville, Tennessee on September 21, 2013. The tour will have 58 shows in 45 cities. Swift will play in 29 states and three Canadian provinces. A full list is available on the site.

Swift said of the tour: I didnt think I could be any more excited about my RED album, but then I start thinking about how Im going to put the new show together for The RED Tour. I have so many ideas about how to really bring this music to life, and I cant wait to share the new show with all my fans!

Singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran will be opening for Swift on the tour. Sheeran and Swift collaborated on the song, Everything Has Changed, for Red.

Swift told the N.Y. Daily News that Red is the most adventurous album I've ever made.

She went on to say: Red is really kind of diary entries of the last two years of my life.

Swifts last album was the 2010 best-seller Speak Now. Her new album, Red, was released on October 22.

Tickets for the tour are set to go on sale November 16.

Photo Courtesy of INFDaily

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Facebook!