Taylor Swift Preps TV Blitz For Red

October 18, 2012

Taylor Swift

As Taylor Swift fans know, her new album, Red, comes out on October 22. Not only will fans get to hear a slate of new Taylor tunes next week, but they'll also get to see her all over their television sets. Her TV blitzkicks off on Tuesday, October 22, with a Times Square performance on Good Morning America. Then, what Entertainment Tonight is calling "Taylor Swift Week" will include interviews on Access Hollywood, E! News and Extra. On October 23, Swift will be back on Good Morning America again, and she'll also perform on The Late Show with David Letterman. On October 24 fans can find her on The View, followed by The Ellen DeGeneres Show on October 25. On October 26, Swift will join Katie Couric on ABC's Katie before being featured on a 20/20 primetime special dubbed All Access Nashville.

Meanwhile, Swift taped an episode of VH1's Storytellers this week in front of 2,500 students at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, CA. The episode is set to air on November 11.

"I'm excited about telling the beginnings of stories, like the story of this song called 'Ours,' where I wrote it about this guy nobody thought I should be with," Swift told VH1 News just before the taping. "So I wrote this song specifically just to play it for him, just to show him, 'I don't care what anyone says. I don't care that you have tattoos. I don't care that you have a gap between your teeth. I love you for who you are.' And that song ended up actually making it on a record [Speak Now] and becoming a #1 song. And then you take me being mad at my parents because they didn't want me to date this dude when I was 17, and I threw a fit and! ran to my room and wrote a song on my bedroom floor called 'Love Story.' So that turned into something that I never expected to be our first #1 worldwide hit." Swift continued, "Songs happen in really weird, strange, quirky ways, and to explore the start of them, where they were first brought into the world, where you first got that first little idea, it's wonderful to get to share that with a crowd of 3,000 people."