Taylor Swift: 'I wrote Ed Sheeran duet on a trampoline'

Taylor Swift has spoken about collaborating with Ed Sheeran on her new album Red.

The singer revealed that the pair wrote 'Everything Is Changed' while on a trampoline in her garden.

Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift 'Red' artwork

"I actually I wrote a song with Ed Sheeran on a trampoline in my backyard for the new album," Swift told MTV News. "So I can't wait for you guys to hear that.

"That's a song called 'Everything Is Changed'. We, for real, [were] sitting on my trampoline in my backyard cause we had been writing a song and I was like, 'Hey, I just got a trampoline. You want to see it?' And so, he brought the guitar for some reason.

"We ended up writing an entire song out there. For portions of the song, [we were bouncing around] 'cause it's a trampoline and it's fun, and the combined maturity level of both of us is 8 years old."

Swift also teased that the album features a collaboration with her "absolute favourite band", who she will reveal nearer the record's October 22 release.

She will perform at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards tonight (September 6), in addition to the likes of One Direction, Pink and Rihanna.

Watch Taylor Swift in her video for 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' below:

> MTV Video Music Awards 2012 - Live blog< a href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a404279/robert-pattinson-to-introduce-twilight-breaking-dawn-footage-at-vmas.html" title="90 seconds of exclusive footage from the final Twilight film debuts tonight.">> Robert Pattinson to introduce 'Twilight Breaking Dawn' footage at VMAs> Flo Rida's 'Whistle' regains Billboard chart lead> Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong gig cancellation due to dehydration