Taylor Swift No Longer Going To Ruin Les Miserables

A few weeks ago, I had une dpression nerveuse upon learning that teen pop sensation Taylor Swift had been cast as Eponine in the movie musical version of Les Miserables. To be more specific, I believe my actual reaction went something like this:

But, like, much sassier.

Swift is an adorable girl and great at what she does. (See? Im a nice person.) But to put her in the movie version of the best musical ever seemed disrespectful to not only its fans, but to everyone who fell in love and then died via gunshot wound in the French Revolution. The entire feel just wasnt right. Would I have still seen the movie? Um, with bells made out of the fillings of my fallen brothers on. But I assure you, the work would have suffered.

But now we learn that Swift has been cut from the films impressive roster to make room for British actress Sarah Banks, who played Eponine in the 25th Anniversary Concert for Les Miserables. Sarah is a much more appropriate choice for the part, in that she is not Taylor Swift, and also has a nice singing voice.

Now I dont want to say my blog post played a part in getting Taylor booted from the film but Samantha, you can address all gift baskets in my name to MTV Networks.

Ahead, you can check out Sarah singing On My Own during the 25th Anniversary Concert. Shes very, very good, though frankly, I dont think Ill be satisfied with this casting until someone figures out a way to produce a time machined young Lea Salonga. Video ahead

Sarah joins the Les Misrables production, directed by Tom Hooper alongside Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert, Anne Hathaway as Fantine, Sacha Baron Cohen as The Innkeeper, and Helena Bonham Carter as his wife. Amanda Seyfried has been rumored to be playing Cosette, which Id be OK with. As long as none of the Jonii get cast, I have no complaints.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin