Taylor Swift working on best album

Taylor Swift wants her fourth studio album to be better than anything shes put out before as there are high stakes.

The songstress has been working on her new album for about a year now and has explained that there are many finished songs. Taylor says her record label is constantly getting her to stop work because they believe they have a finished record, but the star is relentless in her approach to producing the best possible material.

Id rather pick from 25 great songs rather than 15 great songs, and narrow it down, she told the Kyle and Jackie O radio show. I just want the best songs to win. Im making my fourth album so it needs to be a departure, it needs to be different, it needs to be better than anything Ive put out before. And those are some high stakes, so Im really focusing on it a lot.

The 22-year-old star is famed for singing about romance and relationships. Taylor finds it amusing when people try to match up her personal life to the love stories on her records.

Love is always a theme that I go back and explore because it seems to be what Im always serious about when it comes to writing songs. Its a really interesting process writing songs about my life as Im living it, she said.

I think Im good at being single. Im also kinda good at being in a relationship when Im in them. For me its interesting how Im speculated to being in a new relationship every week, and Im like Really? I didnt even meet him though!

When I put out a record I know theres going to be speculation as to who each song is about, but I just let the music be about life as I live it and lessons as I learn them.

Taylor has enjoyed high-profile relationships with Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Cover Media