Taylor Swift will always sing about love

April Chieffo

Taylor Swift at Billboard's Sixth Annual Women in Music. (NYC)

Taylor Swift may only be 22-years-old, but her relationships have taught her a lot and inspired a few hit singles.

Swift is currently working on her new album, which is due out sometime this year. She says shes trying to evolve and try new things and change on the new record, but says one thing will not change: shell always be singing about love.

"I think that love is always going to be a huge theme in what I write about just because there are no two similar relationships, there are no two times that you feel love the same way or hurt the same way or [feel] rejection [in] the same way, she told MTV News. "I really love to go back to human interaction and the way we make each other feel. But that at 22 is different than it was at 18 or 19 when I made my last album and 16 and 17 when I made Fearless. As you grow, you change in the way you process emotion."

Swift released Speak Now in 2010. Since the release of that album, she briefly dated Jake Gyllenhaal. She recently told Vogue that her new album is inspired by an earth-shattering, not recent, but absolute crash-and-burn heartbreak that many believe is hinting at the Jake Gyllenhaal relationship. Though she loves singing about love, she says the writing process is also a good way to heal the heartbreak.

The only way that I can feel better about myselfpull myself out of that awful pain of losing someoneis writing songs about it to get some sort of clarity, she told Vogue.